Given the gathering restrictions, WTM has brought our offerings online in order to keep building our community of practitioners through practice and connection. It’s our goal to give you events that provide learning and experiences that allow you to continue to deepen your mindfulness practice.
Currently, we meet twice a month and both events are online with the Calgary Public Library on the first and third Thursday of each month from 7:00 – 8:30pm. Teachers will explore a variety of topics in support of the practice of mindfulness – events will include a talk, guided meditation, and time for questions and discussion. These events are suitable for all levels of practice. A few key points when registering:
1) These are free events; however, you will need a library membership. If you don’t have one, join here. https://reg.calgarylibrary.ca/
2) If you would rather not register to attend the live event, know that you can always view the talk on our website one week after the original date.
3) After you register for the event, you will be sent a confirmation email from the Library with registration details on how to connect and watch the event online with Zoom.us.
4) Events are scheduled on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month from 7-8:30 pm.
5) At WTM, we do have costs to keep these events happening. Click here to read more how a $5 donation for each event can help.
Schedule of Events:
Viewing the Pandemic Through the Lens of the Buddha’s Teachings
Dec 16 2021 – 7:00 – 8:30pm – REGISTER HERE
Speaker: Anne Mahoney Ph. D, R.Psych
This talk will explore the challenges of the Covid pandemic from the perspective of the Four Noble Truths.
Awakening Mindfulness in Daily Life
Jan 6, 2022 – 7:00 – 8:30pm – REGISTER HERE
Speaker: Christine Francoeur
The benefits of mindfulness are many but the greatest is merging the practice into your daily life. Move through your days with more patience, kindness, focus, and choice. Learn how to be with the waves of uncertainty that come with this life and yet present for the moments that matter.
Check out our Resources Page for great new information and resources.