This year, we’ve moved our one-day retreat to an online offering. We look forward to sharing the practices of mindfulness while we explore this year’s theme, Finding Peace in the Mind.
The day will flow with talks and practices from the Wellness Through Mindfulness teaching team – Dr. Phil Blustein, Dr. Leslie Ellestad, Dr. Allan Donsky, and Christine Francoeur. Each teacher will provide a talk to help us find peace and ease for ourselves. This year has been particularly challenging and exploring mindfulness and compassion will continue to help us navigate our days with greater ease and wisdom.
To help ensure your home retreat is a success, we recommend the following tips:
– Find a comfortable place in your home that allows for minimal distractions and interruptions.
– Ensure your wi-fi has a strong signal to minimize delays or downtime.
– If possible, limit your interactions and distractions with your phone by leaving it in another room
– Have your lunch, snacks and drinks prepared to support you throughout the day.
– You may wish to find different positions to sit and practice so ensure you have your seating arrangements ready for the day. You may use extra blankets, pillows, or other props for support.
– A journal is always great to have nearby.
– Comfortable clothing that doesn’t cause restrictions or discomfort will be helpful as we will be exploring some walking meditations and mindful yoga during the day. Because we will be moving, try to find enough space that allows for a safe practice.
Once we’ve received your payment, you will receive an email with the Zoom link info as well as the passcode to join the retreat. If you don’t see the email, please check your spam.
This retreat is $50, however if payment is prohibitive or challenging for you, please email us at email@example.com for support.
Please email us with any other questions or concerns you may have.
We look forward to spending the day with you!